A Guide to Your Basic Legal Protections in the U.K Facing criminal charges can be an incredibly...
Consultant/ Duty Solicitor for Criminal Department
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Criminal Solicitor looking to take the next step in your career? We are currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Consultant/Duty Solicitor to join our dynamic team in the Criminal Department.
As a Consultant/Duty Solicitor for our Criminal Department, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert legal advice and representation to clients in various criminal cases, including but not limited to, court appearances, police station attendance, and prison visits.
- Conducting interviews with clients, gathering evidence, and preparing legal documentation such as witness statements, legal submissions, and briefs.
- Representing clients in court proceedings, including bail applications, trials, and appeals.
- Attending police stations to provide advice and assistance to individuals in custody.
- Liaising with external agencies, such as the Crown Prosecution Service and the police, to collaborate on cases and seek necessary information.
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in criminal law and procedure, ensuring compliance with legal regulations and professional standards.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A valid practising certificate as a Solicitor and accreditation as a Duty Solicitor.
- Extensive experience working as a Criminal Solicitor, ideally within a reputable law firm.
- Strong knowledge of criminal law, legal procedures, and the criminal justice system.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle a high caseload.
- Proficiency in using relevant legal software and databases.
We offer the following benefits to our valued team members:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and expertise.
- Continuing professional development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment, fostering personal growth and career advancement.
- Strong potential for progression within the firm.
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge and are passionate about criminal law, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our recruitment team will review your application and contact you if you are selected for an interview.
Note: All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
Work Experience not available at this time
Currently Wainwright and Cummins LLP do not have the capacity to take any new work experience students.
However we do not want any budding trainee solicitors feel disarranged we are creating a shortlist of new candidates for when we open up new opportunities within the firm. So if you are interested in working with Wainwright & Cummins LLP please email us with your CV and a short cover letter to: email@example.com.