Family mediation is a “voluntary” process where an independent professionally trained mediator assists people separating or divorcing to work out an agreement after you have split up.
Family mediation is much quicker and less stressful than heading straight to court and in most cases they will not allow you got take the matter before a judge unless mediation has been attempted.
It can help to sort out issues as:
• Arrangements for children, including contact or living arrangements.
• Financial arrangements, including issues around sharing finances (the house, savings, pension, debts) or child maintenance.
Mediation can also help in finding solutions between parents and grandparents or assist in any personal or professional family dispute, including inheritance issues or impact of a move or career change.
If you are thinking about family mediation remember:
• It gives you more say about what happens and you determine the outcome, whereas in court a judge will make the decisions.
• It is a much quicker process then drawn-out court battles, and agreements can be reached in one or two mediation sessions.
• Mediation is a cost-effective way of sorting any differences you have with your ex-partner about money, property or children.
• It is less stressful and can often preserve relationships as you and your ex-partner work together to resolve issues and improve communication. Arrangements are often more long lasting than court-imposed decisions.
• It is less upsetting for children when parents work together and they can even be involved in the decision-making process if you both and your child agree.
• It is a flexible process. Court hearings take a format and outcomes can often leave little room for change. Agreements in mediation are flexible and can change as, for example, children’s needs change as they get older.
• It is a confidential process and you do not need to do anything against your wishes.
If you still have any questions on Family mediation or would like to book an appointment with a mediator please contact us on 02070955700 Or Email email@example.com